This is the last but one recipe from 50 From 50 In 50 challenge. It feels really good that I could make it for this. All your wonderful comments boosted me towards the challenge. I hope that you all had enjoyed the recipes from various country's. Please keep watching this space as I've something for you beautiful readers.
Coupe Mount Kenya is said to be one of the wonderful desserts of Kenya. Any fruit ice cream will serve for the Coupe Mount Kenya, especially peach ice cream. Fruit sherbet may also be used.
Ingredients for Mango Ice cream
2 cups Mango pulp
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoon lemon peel, cut in tiny ribbons
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Whip the heavy cream with the sugar until stiff.
2. In a 2-quart bowl combine the mango pulp, the lemon peel ribbons, condensed milk and salt. Fold in the whipped cream.
3. Pour into freezer trays and freeze.
Ingredients for Pineapple Rum Sauce (the zing!)
1 cup pineapple juice, canned
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cooled white rum
3 cups fresh pineapple, cut in 1/2 inch dices
1 tablespoon pistachio nuts
1. In a 1-quart sauce pan simmer the pineapple juice and the sugar, until it dissolves and forms into a syrup.
2. Add the white rum and cool.
3. Place the cut fresh pineapple pieces in a 2-quart bowl and pour the pineapple rum sauce over them. Marinate for several hours.
How to serve
Place 1 scoop Mango Ice Cream in a wine glass. Top with 3 to 4 oz of Pineapple Rum Mixture.
Garnish with pistachio nuts, coarsely chopped.
Note : I added just the liquid ingredients of pineapple rum mixture, avoided pineapple peices since it absorbed more rum and I did not like the flavor