Kourabiethes, the Greek style butter cookies are delicious dunked in coffee or milk and are the traditional Easter cookie in Greece.
2.5 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Beat together butter, sugar, and egg in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
4. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix until well blended.
5. Add vanilla and almond extracts and mix well.
6. With your hands, form dough into football shape or any shape you desire. Place cookies 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
7. Put on middle oven rack and bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until brown around the edges.
8. Remove cookies from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.