Draniki, very popular traditional belarusian dish also called potato pancakes. This has many variations and one of the simplest is this recipe
5 Medium potatoes
1 medium Onion
Black pepper to taste
Salt to taste;
4 tablespoon oil
1. Peel and grate potatoes and onion into a bowl
2. Add salt, pepper, egg and mix together. This mixture should neither be too thick nor liquid, drain excess potato juice or add some flour to achieve required level of liquidity.
3. Heat the frying panwith oil onto it.
4. Drop a full table spoon of mixture form the bowl onto the frying pan about quarter inch thick. Cook on medium flame for 2-3 minutes and then flip over.
5. Cook another 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
Serve hot with sour cream.