Hainanese Chicken Rice comes from the Chinese sub tropical island of Hainan and many of the sons and daughters of Hainan immigrated to Singapore in the past 100 years.
This has become one of Singapore's top loved dishes and you will find Hainanese Chicken Rice in every street corner coffee shop and food court as well as in the coffee houses of all hotels in Singapore.
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh red chiles
5 cloves garlic, chopped
Salt to taste
Chicken and Rice:
1 pound boneless chicken cut into desired pieces.
1 green onion cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tablespoon grated ginger
6 tablespoon olive oil
6 garlic cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 cups long-grain uncooked rice
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Make the Chile Sauce:
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well, and season with salt, to taste. Set aside
Make the Chicken and Rice:
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, enough water to immerse the chicken.
2. Add the chicken to the boiling water, with scallion,ginger and black pepper. [ Adjust the seaioning accordiing to taste]
3. Lower the heat to a simmer just under boiling point and cook, covered, until just cooked through, about 20-25 minutes.
4. Transfer the chicken to a bowl and Reserve the chicken stock, and keep hot.
Heat the oil in a saucepan over high heat. Add the garlic and stir-fry until fragrant.
5. Add the rice and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Add enough of the hot reserved chicken soup to reach 1/2- inch above the top of the rice.
7. Bring to the boil, add the salt, and lower the heat to low. When steam holes form in the rice, cover the saucepan and steam until cooked, about 20 minutes.
8. Arrange the rice and chicken on a platter and drizzle with the chile sauce.