Friday, October 28, 2011

Recipe 46/50 : United States Of America : Buffalo Wild Wings

My first visit to U.S had many funny memories. I would share one the funniest question I asked when I saw buffalo wings in  a menu at a restaurant, Does buffalo have wings? My hubby dear had a stupid smile on his face and to my surprise he ordered the buffalo wings and later realized its chicken and not buffalo.From then on buffalo wild wings has always been one of our favorite junk food. I tried making buffalo wild wings at home but used drumettes instead of wings. 
DSC_0339

DSC_0331

DSC_0337

DSC_0334

DSC_0329

DSC_0333

DSC_0324
Ingredients
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
10 chicken wings [ I used chicken drumettes ]
oil for deep frying
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup hot buffalo sauce
1/2 teaspoon grated garlic 
Method
1. In a small bowl mix together the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Place chicken wings [ In my case drumettes] in a large bowl and sprinkle flour mixture over them until they are evenly coated. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 60 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a deep fryer. The oil should be just enough to cover wings entirely.  Fry the winds for 10-15 minutes or until they turn brown. 
3. Combine the butter, hot sauce, pepper and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir together and heat until butter is melted and mixture is well blended. 
4. Add the fried chiken wings/drumettes to the sauce mixture and mix well till the chicken gets coated very well.
5. Place wings in serving platter and serve.

9 comments:

  1. i like this buffalo wild wings...very glazy and appetizing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chicken wings all the time never made with buffalo sauce though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We luv buffalo wings...MY family enjoys a lot in wing stop than anywhere in USA..Nice blog,Luv ur style..OOwsome clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely buffalo drumsticks!!awesome presentation , saji!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfectly made,love the glaze..looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG....looks very mouthwatering wings and awesome clicks too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Wow Wow!! looks better than the ones we get in pizzahut!!! I love your clicks

    ReplyDelete
  8. heyy, even I asked the same question to my hubby about buffalo wings...hehe..you made it perfectly dear..just like the restaurant version...loved it..

    ReplyDelete

avandia