My first visit to U.S had many funny memories. I would share one the funniest question I asked when I saw buffalo wings in a menu at a restaurant, Does buffalo have wings? My hubby dear had a stupid smile on his face and to my surprise he ordered the buffalo wings and later realized its chicken and not buffalo.From then on buffalo wild wings has always been one of our favorite junk food. I tried making buffalo wild wings at home but used drumettes instead of wings.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
10 chicken wings [ I used chicken drumettes ]
oil for deep frying
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup hot buffalo sauce
1/2 teaspoon grated garlic
1. In a small bowl mix together the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Place chicken wings [ In my case drumettes] in a large bowl and sprinkle flour mixture over them until they are evenly coated. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 60 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a deep fryer. The oil should be just enough to cover wings entirely. Fry the winds for 10-15 minutes or until they turn brown.
3. Combine the butter, hot sauce, pepper and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir together and heat until butter is melted and mixture is well blended.
4. Add the fried chiken wings/drumettes to the sauce mixture and mix well till the chicken gets coated very well.
5. Place wings in serving platter and serve.