Recent times I made eggplant Parmesan, an Italian recipe coated with cheese and more cheese.
2 big Eggplants
1 tbsp canola oil
Medium onion chopped
1 tbsp of garlic minced
1 tsp of red crushed pepper
1 can crushed tomatoes
2 tsp Italian seasioning
1 cup panko [used lemon pepper flavored]
1/2 cup corn meal
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup flour
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1. In a pot at medium heat, add in canola oil, onion, garlic,red pepper and crushed tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Give it a stir and mix them all together.Bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, over low heat, stirring frequently.
2. Preheat oven to 400F.Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
3. To prepare eggplant: Cut eggplants into 1/4 inch thick slices. Whisk eggs with water in a shallow dissh
Combine panko,2 TBSP parmesan, corn mealin another shallow dish. Add in 1/2 cup flour to another dish..
Dip the eggplant slices into flour, then into egg misxture, then coat with panko mixture. Arrange the eggplant sloces in single yater n the prepare baking sheets
3. Bake the eggplant slices for 15-20 minutes, turn them over and bake until crisp and golden brown
4. Arrange the baked eggplants in the serving dish and pour in the sauce over the eggplants and on top of this sprinkle 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoon of parmesan cheese
Put them under broiler of your oven just for the cheese to melt and there you go dish is all ready.