Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Panna cotta

Panna cotta, an Italian dessert generally from Northern Italian  region of  Piemonte. It is served with caramel, berries,chocolate. I made this dessert for a potluck at my friend's place. I put the panna cotta in cupcake cups and set them in refrigerator. It was easy to carry and serve 30 people. I poured 1 tsp strawberry sauce into each cup  before pouring panna cotta. 
Italian cooking is so easy,yummy and fun too.


Ingredients
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups heavy cream
3 sheets of gelatin
Method
Firstly immerse the gelatin in cold water completely, leaving them to soften approx 10-15 minutes
Place the heavy cream in pot, add in sugar mix them well and bring them to slow boil. Once sugar is completely dissolved add in vanilla extract and soften gelatin. Mix in together till gelatin is dissolved.
Pour in panna cotta into ramekins and rest them in refrigerator for 5-6 hours.
Panna cotta is ready. To remove the pudding easily from ramekins, place the bowl in hot water for few seconds before turning the pudding to serving plates. Dress the panna cotta with your favorite dressing. I used strawberry dressing and here is the recipe
Strawberry Dressing/sauce
Blend 5-10 strawberries. Stir in blended strawberries, 1 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp water. 6 tbsp cornstarch in a saucepan and bring it to a boil stirring constantly for around 15-20 minutes

16 comments:

  1. Yummy...yummy recipe...nice clicks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome recipe!!!!!will try it 4 sure...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Saji, Charming blog you have! My favorite Italian dessert is a welcome treat indeed for any occasion and you made it so nicely! I am making this for sure! Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Panna cotta is one of my family's favorite desserts. Your recipe is exceptionally nice. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your panna cotta looks wonderful and so creamy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for visiting my blog i keep meaning to make this looks great will follow too sweet blog

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous panna cotta...perfectly paired with your luscious strawberry sauce. Thanks for stopping by my blog...I like what I see here and am a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG... What a tempting recipe.. lovely presentation dear..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! I really have to try panna cotta (with agar agar I guess 'cause I don't eat gelatin)...topping it with strawberry sauce sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think what I like best about panna cottas is you can infuse so many flavors...I love using herbal flavors.
    Yours looks wonderful. I think it's the perfect dessert. (after ice cream, of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I make a different panna cotta every time and I will try yours. Love the individual "cupcakes" and that strawberry sauce - well, it's June - strawberries are required. No jacket and tie necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Panna Cotta is irresistible and the strawberry sauce is perfect for this season.

    ReplyDelete

avandia