Sunday, September 25, 2011

Recipe 14/50 : Ireland : Champ

Weekends are coming and going. I feel days are just running by. This weekend was very simple, just at home cooking, eating and sleeping.
Its really becoming difficult for me to select upon recipes and cook with the busy schedules I have. I know I mite not reach to your best expectations but I'm really working hard to stand on it and hence require all your support. 
Support in form of comments on recipes, suggestions about the recipes, feedback on recipes bla bla...
Coming to today's recipe I made Champ, unquestionably one of the most delicious side dishes ever created in Ireland.This recipe is very simple and inexpensive,yet filling. I served it along with stuffed crabs and was a super hit recipe.
DSC_0477

DSC_0473

DSC_0476

DSC_0472
Ingredients
6 unpeeled Russet potoato
1 bunch spring onions both the bulb and green stem
1.5 cups milk
1 stick butter
Salt to taste
Black Pepper taste
Method
Scrub the potatoes and boil them in their skins. 
Chop the spring onions finely. 
Cover with cold milk and bring slowly to a boil. Simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes, turn off the heat and leave to infuse. 
Peel and mash the boiled potatoes and while hot, mix with the boiling milk and green onions.
Beat in the butter. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. 
Serve in with a knob of butter melting in the center!!!

9 comments:

  1. this is so easy and it prepares in no time. definitely eye appealing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for visiting my blog..and also for ur precious comment..Urz is such a wonderful blog..first time here...happy to follow u...
    such a simple recipe...hmm yummy yummy...love crab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely recipe...easy yet delicious....that is very important for today's fast life....great:)
    Event : What’s On Your Kebab Platter : win a gift : few days left
    My Diwali My Way

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just mouthwatering...looks so yummy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. interesting recipe, sounds delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting recipe,yummy,thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

avandia