A year back my very first step towards baking started up with Pineapple Upside-Down cake. Though the project was big flop I had encouragement from frenz and Hubby and so continued up with the passion of baking. As there is saying " failure is stepping stone to success" and yes in it did happen in my case too.
This week I baked this cake again for my friend's B'day who is cream hater and so on his wife's words I baked this cake and surprised him.
1/4 cup butter
2/3 cup Brown sugar
1 1/3 Cup all purpose flour
1 cup sugar [ White ]
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/3 cup butter
1 egg large
1 tsp Vanilla extract
3/4 cup milk
1 can Pineapple slices
1 can cherry's
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Take a 8*10 round pan, pour the melted 1/4 cup butter into it.
3. Sprinkle Brown sugar over the pan and spread it equally to all edges
4. Place the pineapples in the pan in the desired shapes you want.
5. Now place the cherries into the pineapples. The cherries look very pretty in the middle of pineapple slices.
6. In a mixing bowl add flour, Baking powder and salt and set aside
7. In other bowl add 1/3 cup melted butter , Sugar Vanilla extract and mix well.
8. Add egg and beat again.
9. Fold in the flour and baking soda mixture while gradually adding the milk
10. Once the cake batter is blended well and smooth, pour it over the fruit inside the pan
11 Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 minutes
12. Turn over onto a dish while still warm.