Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Pound Cake With Sugar Glaze

Hello dear readers!!! Hope every one had a wonderful long weekend. This long weekend we went to a theme park nearby and enjoyed the rides,water sports bla bla. The best was the firework which glittered the sky. 
Our best frenz were celebrating their 4th Anniversary this long weekend at Bahamas. So planned up a surprise for them before they left to Bahamas and baked this beauty. This is the first cake I baked after moving to the new place. 
A year back when I actually started to bake I had only 2 baking pans,Square and round. The same year I met Sunita, shes such a sweetheart who inspired me more in baking and decorating. She made Bundt chocolate cake, oh my!!! that was soo yummy and since then I always had Bundt pan in my wishlist. And finally I got the pan as a gift from the same lady Sunita. How sweet of her. In her thoughts baked the pound cake in the bundt pan. Thank you so much dear!!!!


Ingredients
1 stick butter at room temperature
1/2 cup canola oil
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice

3 cups All purpose flour
4 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Method
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Add lemon juice to milk and set aside
3. Cream a stick butter and cup oil with sugar. Beat well. 
4. Add 4 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. 
5. Mix in salt and baking powder to the flour. 
6. Add  flour to the mixture, alternately with  milk, until flour and milk are used up. Mix well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract.
7. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch bundt pan.Bake the cake for an hour.  I also placed a sheet of aluminum foil over the top of the cake pan of baking. Cool the cake for 30 minutes and then run a knife round the cake to remove the cake from pan. Place it on the serving dish.
8. For sugar glaze add 2 tablespoon water to 1/2 cup water stir in and dribble off the top edge on the outside and down the center. I used very less icing because I did not want it to be very sweet. But if you want more Icing  you can add in more sugar.
Bake and enjoy it!!!

13 comments:

  1. Looks gr8... I tried lemon version of this cake and it turned out yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cake and sure should have tasted wonderful....

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks super delicious and tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... Mouth watering here.. looks absolutely perfect and tempting.. Thanks for the lovely recipe dear :)
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks so amazing..
    new to your space...lovely blog you have..
    nice presentation with inviting clicks..
    Am your new email subscriber now..:)
    do stop by mine sometime.'

    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saji, this is a beautiful cake. It looks amazing and I'm sure it was delicious. I know that pan is going to get a lot of good use. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks fantastic ~ beautiful pics too!
    US Masala is hosting a giveaway. Do check it out here

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  8. really the pound cake looks so perfect...the sugar glaze must have added that perfect taste...:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The prettiest, most summery looking pound cake - I think I will wish for the bundt pan also.

    ReplyDelete

avandia