Friday, July 22, 2011

Blackberry Cobbler

The best things about summers is the fresh fruits you get in markets. Last weekend I went to farmers market and got all types of fresh fruits and one among them is these blackberries. After eating the fresh fruits for a while my hubby asked me if I can make some dessert with these berries and hence came up with blackberry cobbler.
This recipe is very simple and delicious when served with vanilla ice-cream.


DSC_0060


DSC_0059


DSC_0058
Ingredients
1. 2 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
2. 1 cup sugar
3. 1 cup all-purpose flour
4. 2 tsp baking powder
5. 1/2 tsp salt
6. 1 cup low fat milk
7. 1/2 cup butter,melted
Method
1.In a medium bowl, stir in blackberries and sugar and let stand about 20 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 375F
3.In an ungreased 8-inch square pan,stir together flour,baking powder,salt and milk. Stir in melted butter and mix well
4. Now spoon in blackberry mixtire on top of batter evenly and bake for 40-45 minutes.
Serve warm with Vanilla ice-cream.

20 comments:

  1. Mouthwatering recipe. Looks delicious and tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very yummy and delicious
    www.rajafood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy and tasty recipe and would have been gorgeous with vanilla ice-cream

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just got some blackberries in our CSA this week and I think I just found what we're going to do with them! Looks mighty tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful dessert idea, lovely recipe and beautiful clicks, thanx for visiting my space, glad to follow u:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. delicious cobbler check out the event in my site
    regards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious dessert.looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful dear...and yumm with ice cream...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi and thank you so much for visiting my blog and commenting. I will be back to visit you often. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. thankyou so much for visiting,, you have a beautiful blog,, I just love the header photo,, I will follow you as well.Its so nice too meet you,,this cobbler looks delicous and I have always wanted an avacodo pasta recipe,, wy japanese friends eat this all the time

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog! It's nice to find new blogs :) The cobbler looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for visiting, this cobbler looks delicious and so is your avocado pesto pasta. Nice photos too! will drop by here more often! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks mouth-wateringly delicious. I'd love to enjoy a piece of it with my after dinner coffee. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey...I am new to your blog...Loved it...Cobbler looks very tempting...Happy to join you dear...do visit me at http://muchmorethanahomemaker.blogspot.com/
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  15. this looks so awesome!! very nice recipe Saji

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks yumm!!!
    maybe if i get my hand on the berries, i will try out!!!

    ReplyDelete

avandia