Thursday, January 6, 2011

Roasted Beet Salad

Since I have take my resolution I'm trying to eat everything healthy which I haven't ate till now. And 1 among them is Beets. I never ate beets mainly because I get scared of its color. But knowing the importance of Beets, I made Beet Salad; low in calories,high in vitamin C and of-course low in Carbohydrates. 

Ingredients
3-4 medium size Beets
1/4 cup  sliced red onions
1/2 cup parsley 
2 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
1/4cup chickpea
salt to taste
2tbs Olive oil
3-4 garlic minced
Preparation
Preheat oven to 425F
Wrap beets in foil and roast in middle of oven until tender[Took 1 hr approx] Unwrap beets and cool.
In a salad bowl add sliced onions, chickpeas and parsley leaves,salt. Pour in red win vinegar and stir together.
In a skillet added oil and cooked garlic for a minutes and add it salad bowl [I dont like raw garlic so cooked it , For people who like raw garlic can add it directly to salad bowl with olive oil
slip skins from beets and cut them to cube size desired. 
Add them in salad bowl and stir in nicely
Salad is ready to serve

Sharing this recipe with thechefandherkitchen and Pari's for the "Only Salad" event


1 comment:

avandia