Thursday, March 3, 2011

Blueberry shortcakes with Blueberry Sauce

The best time of springs is the fresh fruits you get in the market and one among them is blueberries. Every time I enter Costco one thing that always gets into my cart is the blueberry muffins. I just cant express how much I love those muffins. But, today I decided to bake them but guess what when I was searching for the Recipe I came across blueberry shortcakes, those were just mouth watering to see and hence I dropped my pervious plan of baking muffins and started up with Delicious blueberry shortcakes.
This dessert is very easy to make. 
Dont worry if you have leftover sauce,its just great over Vanilla Ice-cream ..Trust mee Its yummm....Feels like  Heaven :)
Any one in for this dessert?
Ingredients
Blueberry Sauce
1/3 cup water
2/3 cup sugar
6-7 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanialla extract
pinch of salt
3-4 cups of blueberry[thaw if using frozen]
Biscuits
4 cups flour
4 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup butter
1.5 cups milk
1 cup blueberries
Method
For sauce combine water,sugar,cornstarch,vanilla extract and salt in a saucepan and bring it to a boil stirring constantly. Stir in berries and cook for 5-10 min till berries are softned. Make sure they retain their texture. Tansfer to a bowl and let cool to room temperature.
For biscuit, preheat oven to 400F. Combine flour,sugar,salt,baking pwder in a bowl. Cut buttee into small pieces resembling small peas and add it to flour mixture. stir in milk and berries.Do not over mix your mixture. 
On a slightly floured surface, roll dough ito 1/ inch thick and cut into biscuts using round biscuit cutter [ or you can take piece of dough make into ball shape and press between two palms, to get flat shape. Use any way which is easier to you]. Transfer to a baking sheet lined wth Aluminium foil 1 inch apart. 
Bake until golden brown,usually would take 15 minutes. Let cool on wire rack
Pour sauce over sliced biscuits and tpo with whipped cream

12 comments:

  1. This is truly mouth-watering. Love how the shortcakes turn out and I am sure they are delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks incredible, drool worthy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks absolutely delicious, first time here and you have a nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love blue berry they look yummy and gorgeous dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is too lovely, feels like having some now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. pack n send us some..:)
    mouth watering!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank u soooo very much all
    I'm Up in Air now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really sounds delicious. I love blueberries and freeze summer's bounty for recipes such as yours. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. aji..these look awesome..but pls try blueberry muffins too...they r my fav...anything to do wid blueberries...even d blueberry doughnuts!!!

    ReplyDelete

avandia